Does Your Office Have A Mold Infestation in Springfield Missouri

Does Your Office Have Mold Infestation in Springfield Missouri?

Does Your Office Have Mold Infestation in Springfield Missouri?

Have you ever wondered why you feel like you have a cold whenever you’re at work, but when you get back home everything seems fine? It’s not that you’re allergic to hard work. It could be that your work environment is causing you to be sick.

With the trend these days to rehab old buildings and turn them into office space, it’s getting more likely that there could be water getting into the building that leads to a mold infestation.

If you feel like you’re getting a runny nose or congestion, itchy and watery eyes or headaches whenever you go to work, but feel fine the rest of the time, then you might be dealing with Sick Building Syndrome.

According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the term “sick building syndrome” is used to describe situations in which building occupants experience acute health and comfort effects that appear to be linked to time spent in a building, but no specific illness or cause can be identified.

Sometimes indoor air problems can result from poor building design or the occupants activities, or result when a building is operated or maintained in a manner that is inconsistent with its original design or operating procedures.

So, what is the solution? First step is to have a mold inspection and indoor air quality test by a certified mold firm. If there is a mold issue or an air quality issue, it’s most likely not out in the open or obvious, otherwise more people could figure out on their own why their employees keep getting sick.

A certified mold inspector can detect if there are any hidden mold or moisture issues, as well as determine the quality of the air you are breathing on a daily basis. With the use of tools to check moisture in the walls and ceilings, thermal imaging to see behind walls to check for leaks, as well as pumps and cassettes to check the air quality, an experienced mold company can determine if a mold infestation in your building is causing people to get sick.

Once the problem is identified there might just be a simple solution such as some minor mold treatment, air scrubbing, or duct cleaning to have everyone breathing well again.

So, if you find yourself getting sick at work, have management give Dog Gone Mold a call to assess any potential issues you may have. Getting mold problems resolved is a smart investment for any company.

Work may not always be fun and games, but it shouldn’t make you sick. With employee health being a major concern these days, smart business owners want to make sure they’re doing everything possible in the work environment to help keep their employees productive and safe.

Scroll to Top